Wednesday 5 February 2014

Self Appraisal

Self Appraisal - Rough Cut

Audio:
The dialogue can be heard loud and clear most of the time as we filmed most of the scenes in a quiet classroom, however sometimes you can hear the radiator in the background due to the quietness of the classroom. I was told in my feedback that the character Ruby was hard to hear sometimes. To fix this problem we have started to record the actors with a microphone speaking their lines and matching it up with the video. For the sound FXs we recorded the sound of a clock in a classroom with the microphone which we added onto are project. This was a good thing because it creates the scene/tension needed for the first opening shots, also the synchronization of both sound FX and video footage work really well together as it creates this natural feeling as if the sound was suppose to be there. I haven't yet added a sound effect for when the characters write on their pieces of papers or when the pen floats up and lands in Ruby's hand. I will do this in during the next two weeks as it will sound better and create the effect I need.


Special Effects:
I have only used 2 effects so far; the first effect was when the pen dropped and floated back up. I removed the string holding the pen up by adding a mask over it which created the hovering effect. This effect seems real as it makes the viewers believe it is actually floating. It fits suitably for the narrative as it's when Ruby and the audience members find out Jasper has a power. The second effect I have added into my project is when Jasper thinks about the poster. For this effect I made a thinking bubble appear with the image of the magic poster to tell the audience that this is what Jasper is thinking. In my opinion I could do this effect a little better so I have decided to edit it and improve the movement and appearance. In the third effect I will add some text to the screen so viewers can see what he is reading when we change camera view. I am going to add a glowing-highlighting effect onto the pen floating effect to show the audience that Jasper is using his powers.

Sequence:
I believe the acting for our project is really good because I and the other actors put 110% into are characters and made them come to life. The acting helped make sense of the narrative and kept the flow in a steady pace for the audience to connect and fully understand what they were watching. The editing for my project is smooth and is easy to follow. Unfortunately we haven't filmed every scene yet but from the responses I got from the feedback; people can see what is happening and could make sense of the narrative. This for me is a good thing because that means the video can only get better. The composition of the project is good because you can clearly see who's important and whats needed to be shown to the audience e.g. magic poster. The set dressing was also good because we made sure there was no clutter/rubbish in our clips. We created our very own posters which are carefully placed in a few scenes for viewers to spot. If we go out filming again we will film parts of scene 1 again because there a few shots missing, also there are a few clips which have mistakes in them e.g. tables magically moving. Overall the project seems to be entertaining and easily understandable to those who watch it. 

     


  


No comments:

Post a Comment